Written by Mooneer Salem on Thursday 1st of January, 2009 in Releases
Happy New Year! We've just released Kite 1.0.0, our first release out of beta.
New in this release:
- Fixed libgc linkage problems in OSX. (ticket #71)
- 85% reduction in minimum memory use per object.
- Can now specify ranges as part of native Kite syntax (using from:to[:step] notation).
- microregex: fixed capturing parenthesis issues.
- microregex: fixed character class parsing issue.
- microregex: added most of the remaining escapes from Perl regular expressions.
- Added whitespace trimming methods to System.string.
- "version" keyword added to Kite syntax to support module versioning (to prevent module from being used in incompatible Kite versions). (ticket #76)
- Default equality and non-equality operator behavior is now to compare addresses. (ticket #77)
- Fixed Kite syntax to allow constructs such as x.prop.
- Most compile warnings removed in Windows.
- Kite API documented and tutorial for module builders added to documentation.
- Source: http://www.kite-language.org/files/kite-1.0.0.tar.gz
- Windows installer: http://www.kite-language.org/files/kite-windows-1.0.0.msi
- kdoc documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kdoc-1.0.0/ (as tarball)
- General Kite documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kite-1.0.0/ (as tarball)
- Kite API documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kite-api-1.0.0/ (as tarball)