Written by Mooneer Salem on Sunday 8th of February, 2009 in Releases
Kite 1.0.1 has been released.
New in this release:
- -Werror removed from default compile flags due to problems with compiles on some versions of GCC.
- Boehm GC now "required" to compile Kite. If one desires, --without-gc can be passed in to use the built-in reference count system instead.
- microregex: fixed captures issue.
- list behavior modifications: |append and op+ create new lists instead of modifying current list (and << modifies existing list) [patch and request by Michael Edgar]
- Classes added to base distribution: System.array, interface.pop3, interface.smtp, System.date.hires, System.digest (credit: Michael Edgar)
- list|sort method added (credit: Michael Edgar)
- Regular expressions can now be specified with r/.../[i] syntax instead of explicitly creating a System.regex object.
- Fixed infinite loop issue with empty delimiter in String.split.
- Added support for strings using single quotes.
- Added hex, octal and binary representations of numbers to Kite syntax, and liberalized the representation of floating-point numbers.
- Sockets now support timeouts. [patch and request by Michael Edgar]
- Source: http://www.kite-language.org/files/kite-1.0.1.tar.gz
- Windows installer: http://www.kite-language.org/files/kite-windows-1.0.1.msi
- kdoc documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kdoc-1.0.1/ (as tarball)
- General Kite documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kite-1.0.1/ (as tarball)
- Kite API documentation: http://www.kite-language.org/docs/kite-api-1.0.1/ (as tarball)